At Ocean View Dental Care, we are honored to have the expertise of our own in-house, Board-certified periodontist. If you need specialist care from a periodontist, your periodontal treatments can be completed at our San Clemente, CA dental practice.
Pichak Kelk, DDS DABP
Meet Your Periodontist
Do you suffer from gum disease?
Also known as periodontal disease, ignoring this condition can lead to more serious issues, such as surrounding bone degeneration, tooth loss, and even serious cardiovascular disease. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in treatments related to the gums and supporting structures around teeth. These specialists complete advanced training after graduating from dental school.
Dr. Kelk can provide expert care if you:
- Have a gummy smile or gum recession that keeps you from smiling
- Would like a missing tooth or teeth replaced with dental implants
- Require gum tissue grafts
- Are suffering from the effects of periodontal disease and have bleeding gums and loosening of teeth
A Specialist You Can Trust
Dr. Kelk is a Board-certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Surgeon you can trust.
If you think that is simply a talking point, consider the amount of trust USC Dental School placed in her. The advanced program taught her the surgical skills to become a periodontist through their Advanced Periodontology Program.
The Dental Board of California also trusts her. While she no longer has availability to work with them, she served them for many years as a conscious sedation onsite examiner.
Beyond dental school, Dr. Kelk has three years of advanced training in Periodontology. This includes advanced training in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, treatment of oral inflammation, and performing cosmetic periodontal procedures and bone regeneration. In addition, Dr. Kelk completed a 15-month Fellowship in Dental Implant Surgery.
In practice since 2000, Dr. Kelk has focused her practice on periodontics and dental implant surgery.
Dr. Kelk earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1992. Her Fellowship Degree in Dental Implants was earned from Loma Linda University. She then completed her specialty training at Loma Linda University’s Advanced Periodontology Department.
In 2004, Dr. Kelk received the distinction of Board Certification by the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Kelk served as the Dental Board of California onsite examiner for conscious sedation for many years.
In addition, she is currently part-time clinical faculty at the Advanced Periodontology Program at USC Dental School, where she trains future periodontists in surgical skills.
Dr. Kelk’s Scope of Practice
Dr. Kelk treats all aspects of periodontal disease using the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques. Here are some of the treatments that she provides:
- Periodontal Surgery
- Pocket Reductions Surgery
- Osseous Surgery
- Esthetic and Functional Crown Lengthening
- Gum/Gingival/Connective Tissue Grafts using your gum tissue
- Soft Tissue Grafts using donor tissue
- Bone Regenerative Techniquesusing bone grafts/membranes/biologic materials and growth factors
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
- Laser-Assisted Periodontal Therapy
- Placement of Dental Implants
- Reconstructive Surgery to create bone volume to place dental implants optimally
Dr. Kelk’s Affiliations
- American Dental Association ADA
- California Dental Association CDA
- Orange County Dental Association OCDS
- American Academy of Periodontology AAP
- American Board of Periodontology ABP
- Western Society of Periodontists WSP
We Look Forward to Getting to Know You
We look foward to serving you and your family. Contact us online or call (949) 388-0780 today to set up an appointment. Experience for yourself what friendly, comprehensive, compassionate care is. See why our patients love us so much and can’t stop smiling!
Monday: 8am – 4pm
Tuesday: 7am – 3pm
Wednesday: 12pm – 7pm
Thursday: 7am – 3pm
Friday: 8am – 3pm
Saturday: 8am – 1pm
905 Calle Amanecer, Suite 265
San Clemente, CA 92673