The term “orthodontics” has long been associated with braces. While orthodontists are often focused on delivering beautiful smiles, recent advances in medical research are increasing awareness of the role teeth and jaw development play in providing proper airway and facial development. We are proud to offer an operatory for Aviara Centers. Their dental team is at the forefront of providing orthodontic solutions for a wide range of developmental and breathing issues.
If you are looking for an orthodontic practice that can address a wide range of breathing and sleep disorders in addition to providing cosmetic procedures, we welcome you to join our family. We are always accepting new patients.
What conditions do you treat?
Beyond orthodontic treatments for malocclusion, Aviara Centers offers treatments for:
- Bruxism: Does your child grind his or her teeth at night? Bruxism is found in as much as one-third of children and around 10 percent of adults. The night-time habit can lead to worn and damaged teeth. The doctors of Aviara Centers can treat the underlying cause or prescribe an oral appliance to reduce discomfort.
- TMJ disorder: When the temporomandibular joints are not working in harmony, jaw pain can result. One common cause of TMJ disorder is malocclusion, which can be treated using orthodontics.
- Sleep apnea: Obstructive sleep apnea can result in difficulty breathing at night. One treatment option includes a special oral appliance that allows for ease of breathing at night.
- Facial development: If your child is a mouth breather, the habit can affect the development of the upper jaw. There are many habits, like thumb-sucking, that can lead to facial development problems. Dr. Ahn is a pediatric dentist who specializes in facial development. If you have noticed something that is “off” about your child’s ability to eat, chews, or swallow with ease, Dr. Ahn can help treat your child using the latest technology and techniques.
Our doctors have advanced training in sleep apnea, TMJ disorders, craniofacial pain, and malocclusion (including smile and facial imbalances). Our esteemed dentists work in collaboration with medical doctors, myofunctional therapists, and other healthcare professionals to provide effective treatments for your complex problems.
Our focuses include:
- Traditional Orthodontics: Traditional metal braces have many advantages. Our Board-certified orthodontist can control many aspects of your treatment to address bruxism, TMJ disorder, or cosmetic issues. The treatments can last anywhere from several months to a few years.
- Airway-focused Alternative Modalities: Many individuals are familiar with CPAP, which introduces a steady stream of air to promote breathing at night. Our office offers alternative modalities that are easier to use and maintain.
- Controlled Arch System: This unique system uses the patient’s facial anatomy and adapts orthodontic movements to that. This system offers an alternative to traditional orthodontics for some patients. Controlled Arch System addresses jaw and spacing issues before the teeth are moved.
- Invisalign + Encore Align: Clear aligners offer many of the same benefits as traditional metal braces. The clear trays are more discreet, though, and can do not require changes in diet.
- SFOT (Surgically Facilitated Orthodontic Therapy): SFOT can significantly lower orthodontic treatment times for adults. The minor surgical procedure creates small cuts in the alveolar bone to promote bone growth.
- Propel Orthodontic System: The advanced Propel system allows patients to complete orthodontic treatments up to 64 percent faster.
Schedule Your Visit Today
Aviara Centers offers a new type of orthodontic experience, one that uses advanced treatments and technologies to address breathing, facial development, and orthodontic issues. To schedule your visit, please contact our office online.