Dr. Kelk is a Board-certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Surgeon you can trust.
If you think that is simply a talking point, consider the amount of trust USC Dental School placed in her. The advanced program taught her the surgical skills to become a periodontist through their Advanced Periodontology Program.
The Dental Board of California also trusts her. While she no longer has the availability to work with them, she served them for many years as a conscious sedation onsite examiner.
Beyond dental school, Dr. Kelk has three years of advanced training in Periodontology. This includes advanced training in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, treatment of oral inflammation, and performing cosmetic periodontal procedures and bone regeneration. In addition, Dr. Kelk completed a 15-month Fellowship in Dental Implant Surgery.
In practice since 2000, Dr. Kelk has focused her practice on periodontics and dental implant surgery.
Dr. Kelk earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1992. Her Fellowship Degree in Dental Implants was earned from Loma Linda University. She then completed her specialty training at Loma Linda University’s Advanced Periodontology Department.
In 2004, Dr. Kelk received the distinction of Board Certification by the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Kelk served as the Dental Board of California onsite examiner for conscious sedation for many years.
In addition, she is currently part-time clinical faculty at the Advanced Periodontology Program at USC Dental School, where she trains future periodontists in surgical skills.
Dr. Kelk’s Scope of Practice
Dr. Kelk treats all aspects of periodontal disease using the latest surgical and non-surgical techniques. Here are some of the treatments that she provides:
- Periodontal Surgery
- Pocket Reductions Surgery
- Osseous Surgery
- Esthetic and Functional Crown Lengthening
- Gum/Gingival/Connective Tissue Grafts using your gum tissue
- Soft Tissue Grafts using donor tissue
- Bone Regenerative Techniquesusing bone grafts/membranes/biologic materials and growth factors
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
- Laser-Assisted Periodontal Therapy
- Placement of Dental Implants
- Reconstructive Surgery to create bone volume to place dental implants optimally
Dr. Kelk’s Affiliations
- American Dental Association ADA
- California Dental Association CDA
- Orange County Dental Association OCDS
- American Academy of Periodontology AAP
- American Board of Periodontology ABP
- Western Society of Periodontists WSP